Grade 10 students have their first chance to complete the Ontario Secondary School Literacy Test this Thursday, October 20. This will be an online test, so it must be completed on computers. Our students will be using desktops. Students who successfully complete this OSSLT will have that requirement for graduation all done and will not have to do it again. Students who are not successful will have another chance to write the OSSLT on March 30, 2017. While the grade 10 students are doing the online OSSLT, grade 9 students will be writing a paper version of a practice literacy test in order for them to learn more about it. Here is how Thursday will play out:
- Grade 10 students, as well as previously eligible students who have not yet successfully completed the OSSLT, will complete the online test during periods 1 and 2.
- Grade 9 students will learn writing strategies and will write one booklet of a practice OSSLT during periods 1 and 2.
- Senior students (grades 11 and 12) will not be required to attend morning classes and are able to stay home until afternoon classes begin.
- All students will attend regularly scheduled afternoon classes.
- Buses will run on their normal schedule.